Bizarre calls to local authorities
August 27th, 2010 by Louise Humphreys
Posted In: General
The Local Government Association has released a list of odd, strange and downright bizarre calls made to councils.
From their top ten, here's my top five:
- "Can I register the death of a person even though they aren't dead yet?"
- "I've heard there are dolphins in Cardigan Bay and we'd like to travel down for the day to see them. What time do they start?"
- "Am I allowed to shoot a gun across a public footpath?"
- "I am standing at a bus stop and the bus hasn't turned up. What should I do next?"
- "Can you tell me the make of the guns your pest control officers use to shoot starlings as I'd like to buy one?'"
You really couldn't make them up even if you tried for months.