Below is a selection of cases which Peyto Law have recently undertaken:
- Judicial review challenge to the decision to allocate a planning appeal to the informal hearing route rather than a public inquiry.
- Judicial review challenge to the grant of planning permission for the erection of a water storage reservoir at a golf club situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Advising on potential judicial review challenge to the refusal to remove an enforcement notice.
- Acting for the claimant campaign group in a s288 appeal against the decision of the Secretary of State to grant planning permission for the erection of over 120,000m2 Class B8 floorspace.
- Advising on the application of the advertisement regulations to roadside adverts in Essex.
- Appearing in the Magistrates' Court on behalf of the owner of several properties summonsed by a Borough Council in respect of alleged breaches of enforcement notices.
- Acting for the claimants in a judicial review application relating to a planning permission granted for polytunnels in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Acting for the owners of a property summonsed by a Borough Council in respect of the removal of a tree protected under a Tree Preservation Order.
- Appearing at a sentencing hearing to offer mitigation for the owner of a food business who had previously pleaded guilty to offences under food hygiene legislation.
- Acting for a small company summonsed by a Trading Standards Authority in respect of the false description of a food product.
- Prosecuting several cases on behalf of a Borough Council in respect of allegations of benefit fraud.
- Instructed by a Borough Council in connection with an application for an Anti-Social Behaviour Order.
- Acting for a Borough Council in respect of an agreement under s106 Town and Country Planning Act relating to the redevelopment of land for housing required for SPA mitigation, highway improvements, affordable housing, travel plan and financial contributions.
- Acting for a developer in respect of a unilateral undertaking under s106 Town and Country Planning Act relating to the redevelopment of land for housing and offices required for the payment of financial contributions in accordance with a local authority's supplementary planning guidance.
- Conducting investigations into the handling of planning applications as part of a Borough Council's internal complaints procedure.
- Providing advice to a planning consultant as to whether a planning permission granted in the 1970s had been implemented such that the owner could now continue with the development.
- Acting for the owners of land in their objections to the making of a modification order to the definitive rights of way map seeking to record an alleged footpath over their land.