In this context, the highways referred to are those routes generally used by motorised transport as opposed to public rights of way predominantly used by pedestrians, riders, cyclists etc.
Highways law is notoriously technical and involves a mixture of statutory provisions, principally contained in the Highways Act 1980, a long history of the common law although notably absent from the Act is any definition of a "highway."
We are able to offer advice and assistance on a wide range of highways matters including:
- Section 38 (adoption as a public highway) and section 278 (highway improvement works) agreements
- Stopping up or diversion orders
- Applications for licences affecting highways (e.g. skips, tables and chairs, street trading etc)
- Vehicle crossing (dropped kerb) applications
- Road Traffic Regulation Orders
Please call us on 01252 617119 to find out how we can assist you.